Are you a seasoned Software Developer with at least 7 years of experience in C# and/or C++ development? Do you like to work in small, multidisciplinary teams and play a vital role in mentoring and guiding colleagues to enhance their skills and elevate their experience? Than we have a great opportunity for you, keep reading ->
What does a role as a Senior Software Developer at Sorama look like? Let’s peer into a typical workday (at the office in this case) and catch a glimpse of what your future could hold.
The Fun stuff @ Sorama
You will be working from our headquarters at Strijp-T, a 5-minute walk from the Eindhoven Strijp-S train station. Our office includes a chill balcony and an amazing rooftop, where we occasionally have BBQs and drinks.
The coffee is great (and free), but you also have the opportunity to partially work from home.
What your typical day would be like
- Start your day at our modern headquarters in Strijp-T, just a short walk from the Eindhoven Strijp-S train station.
- Grab a cup of excellent fresh coffee from our well-stocked kitchen and enjoy some fresh fruit to kick-start your morning.
- Join the scrum team huddle to discuss daily progress and goals, collaborating with your knowledgeable colleagues to share ideas and insights.
- Dive into the exciting world of sound technology as you work on developing software for our state-of-the-art acoustic camera products.
- Utilize your expertise in C# and/or C++ to craft elegant and efficient code.
- Mentor and support junior developers, sharing your knowledge and helping them grow.
- Take a break and head to our chill balcony or venture up to the amazing rooftop. Breathe in the fresh air and enjoy your lunch in the vibrant atmosphere of our office.
- After finishing your lunch, you have the opportunity to embark on a refreshing outdoor walk alongside colleagues or engage in a lively game of FIFA, chess, exploding kittens, or other games with some of our game enthusiasts.
- Return to your workstation, fueled with renewed energy, and continue coding, testing, and debugging your software solutions.
- Collaborate closely with other colleagues and or teams, to ensure smooth integration and seamless user experiences.
- Engage in discussions about design decisions and contribute your insights to improve the overall architecture.
- Enjoy the autonomy to work independently, while still benefiting from the support and collaboration of your small, multidisciplinary team.
End of the Day:
- Reflect on the progress made throughout the day and ensure your work aligns with the project’s objectives and timelines.
- Wrap up any loose ends, update documentation, and close up shop.
- Appreciate the sense of fulfillment leaving the office knowing you have contributed to a healthier environment and made a difference.
Overall, as a Senior Software Developer at Sorama, you’ll experience a dynamic and fulfilling work environment, collaborating with talented individuals who share your passion for technology. You’ll have the freedom to shape your own role while working on cutting-edge projects that make a real-world impact.
What we are looking for in you:
- BSc, MSc, or PhD degree
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in software development
- Proficiency in C# and/or C++
- Previous experience working in an Agile environment (Scrum/SAFe)
- Affinity for technological products and solutions and a passion for working in a high-tech environment
- Enjoys collaborating in small, multidisciplinary teams while also being able to work autonomously
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to coach and support junior developers
- Residence in or near Eindhoven
What we offer:
- Competitive salary ranging from €50k to €80k per year, depending on skills and experience, with an attractive personal bonus scheme
- 25 days of vacation with the option to purchase additional days
- A challenging work environment where your work will make a meaningful impact on people’s lives, including your own, your neighbors, family, and the global environment.
- Opportunities for growth and development in a fast-growing company
- Flexible work environment including hybrid working possibilities.
Let's have a talk,
see if we're on the same wave length.
If you are looking for a great place where you can work on your passion with the right approach, then you should definitely consider applying at Sorama. We have no specific role description, because we are looking for likeminded people who want to work according to our holistic approach. It is your personality we are looking for. Due to our holistic approach, you can shape your own role which can be quite different from your colleagues.