Join one of the fastest growing companies in the Netherlands!
What makes Sorama special?
For our Sales & Marketing team we are looking to expand with multiple positions in business-to-business sales. In each of these roles you will be a liason between our (potential) customers and development . As a Sales & Business Development Manager, we trust you to take your market knowledge and create stakeholder relationships with potential customers to drive sales.
We are a top 250 growth company in The Netherlands and partner with other high-tech companies such as Boston Dynamics. Our technology is incorporated in the Philips Stadion of PSV in Eindhoven, where our second office is located.
If, after reading this vacancy, you feel excited to change the world and motivated to get the best out of yourself and to join us in our office on Strijp-T in Eindhoven, we welcome you to apply. We hope to meet you soon over coffee.
Over ons Sorama
At Sorama we have been on a mission for the past 15 years, to make the world sound right. By developing innovative technology we enable people to visualize sound. Yes, you read that right. With our acoustic cameras you can literally see sound. Over the years we have developed solutions for a variety of industries, all to reduce noise pollution, protect biodiversity and improve people’s health.
Our HQ is based in Eindhoven (The Netherlands), with additional offices in Taiwan and USA, we work with a team of about 80 people. At Sorama, we believe that our people are our greatest asset. We foster a culture of collaboration, innovation, and continuous learning, where each individual is encouraged to push boundaries and challenge the status quo. We are passionate about our work and strive to create an environment that nurtures creativity, independence, personal growth and fun!
Over ons The Livable Cities Team
The Livable Cities Team is at the forefront of developing a wide spectrum of solutions to create a healthy, safe and optimal sound environment with a focus on Cities, Sports Venues and Stadiums. Solutions ranging from Fan Engagement strategies to sophisticated Loud Vehicle Detection, Environmental Noise Monitoring and comprehensive Safety and Security solutions that make traditional systems and solutions more valuable.
Our primary customers include Stadium Managers, Municipalities, Law Enforcement and System Integrators, amongst others. By leveraging our acoustic expertise combined with powerful edge sensor technology and software, we aim to enhance the overall living experience in urban environments. Whether it’s creating immersive atmosphere in stadiums or ensuring safety through advanced monitoring systems, our team is dedicated to making a more livable and secure environment for everyone. The Livable Cities team office is located within the Philips Stadium in the city of Eindhoven.
Do you want to know more information about Sorama’s Livable Cities markets?
Sales & Business Development Manager – Livable Cities
What will you do:
- Identify and execute new business opportunities in order to generate revenue, improve profitability and help the Sorama business grow in focus area.
- Together with a, enthusiastic, entrepreneurial and ambitious multi-disciplinary team of 80 persons (ranging from software. developers, acoustic experts to product owners), your goal will be to represent Sorama towards the market in your focus region and turn our business into a commercial success.
- You will expand (y)our customer portfolio through proactive business development activities and be responsible for turnover, margin and growth of the Sustainable Products team.
- By being close to the market and customer, you will provide market insights and new customer requirements to the development team to keep our solutions at the forefront of the industry.
- Work closely with our marketing colleagues to develop sales & marketing assets to fill the sales funnel with high quality leads.
- Outbound sales and business development
- Setting goals and developing plans for business and revenue growth.
- Lead generation & qualification (Researching prospective accounts in target markets).
- Developing quotes and proposals for prospective clients
- Perform demo’s and attending conferences and industry events.
- Support and actively extend local Sorama reseller & integrator network.
- Monitor, evaluate and report trends & customer drivers.
- Identify, evaluate & report local competition.
- Execute marketing initiatives.
- Interact and align with local NBSOs / NLOTs / Consulates / Embassies.
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary (based on career and experience)
- Attractive personal bonus scheme.
- 25 Holidays and option to purchase additional days.
- Fast-pace work environment where you can create global impact through our unique solutions.
- Operate in a fast-growing company with good future perspectives.
- Knowledgeable and inspiring colleagues.
- A flexible work environment.
- Unique office locations at Strijp-T (a 5-minute walk from the Eindhoven Strijp train station) and Philips Stadium.
- Frequent team events.
- Fresh office fruit.
- Excellent coffee and rooftop BBQs.
- Minimal 5 years of demonstrable success in a commercial / consultative / sales engineering related role.
- Experience with solution / consultative selling and service based business models.
- Driven, eager, enthusiastic, ambitious personality.
- Affinity with technological products and solutions and working in a high-tech environment.
- Ability to “open doors” and follow up on new business opportunities.
- Strong communication, interpersonal skills and building networks.
- Ability to motivate and influence.
- Solid written and spoken English.
- Willing to travel and ability to travel internationally.
Meet the team:
Mark van den Berk
Sales & Business Development Manager
Marketing & Communication Manager
Paul van Dooren
Team Lead Livable Cities
VP Sales & Marketing